We have an enviable history of leading the way in the provision of legal services to the local government and social housing sectors in England and Wales.
We advise on contentious and non-contentious matters and appear in all levels of court, up to The Supreme Court. Our members represent local authorities, social housing providers and private landlords, across areas as diverse as:
- Anti-social behaviour – criminal conduct, witness intimidation, gang violence, vulnerable witnesses, special measures, mental health and public law issues
- Court of Protection – welfare decisions, disputed capacity and deprivation of liberty
- 刑事 – all types of prosecutions including trading standards, health and safety, environmental crime and welfare benefit fraud
- 雇用 – internal policies, equality obligations, workforce restructuring and TUPE
- 家庭 – child protection and care proceedings
- Governance and policy issues
- Housing law and housing management – all aspects of residential landlord and tenant law
- Human rights
- Issues under the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Equality Act 2010
- Personal injury – highway claims, employer’s liability and public liability, stress at work
- Planning – planning and listed building consent applications, environmental assessment, appeals and ‘call-ins’, enforcement and preparation of development plans, town and village green registration and compulsory purchase.
- Public law and judicial review
We have sixteen barristers in chambers appointed by the Attorney General to his panel of counsel
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
The department runs the largest annual sector specialist training event of its kind for the local government and social housing sectors.